The Fishing Club held it’s 2019 annual Presentation Day at Blacktown Bowling Club on Sunday the 10th of February.
We held a short monthly meeting followed by an awards ceremony for our 2018 fishing competition.
It was a very exciting presentation with our four youngest members cleaning up. There was a prize for each category.
2019 FISHING COMPETITION RESULTS
- Snapper – 42cm – Lachlan Maddeford
- Bream – 44cm – Hakki Yalcinkaya
- Tailor – 55cm – Bill Watkins
- Luderick – 44cm – Hakki Yalcinkaya
- Morwong – 48cm – Bill Watkins
- Flathead – 82cm – Lachlan Maddeford
- Mulloway – 110cm – Nathan Miller
- Leatherjacket – 36cm – Steve Pusztai
- Kingfish – 81cm – Lachlan Maddeford
- Flounder – 33cm – Joe Bonnicci
- Fresh water Murray Cod – 77cm – Nathan Miller
- Other species – Hairtail – 120cm – Bob Waller
- Most improved – Steve Pusztai
- Best Fish – Nathan Miller
- Biggest fish – Bob Waller
- 2018 Fishing Club Champion Angler – Lachlan Maddeford
- Clubman of the year – Alan Vaughan (Note: this is the most prestigious award we can bestow and is conducted by secret ballot)
The presentation day is our most important day of the year, a day when we meet the families of our members for presentations and lunch.
We thank the board and management of the ‘Seven Hills RSL Group’ for the use of the wonderful facilities at the Blacktown City Bowling Club.
A special thank you to Alpha & Co restaurant for the supply of excellent meals at reasonable cost.